The Moringa School in partnership with The Mastercard Foundation has announced the provision of 100 scholarships for women in technology in February 2022.
The school is an education accelerator committed to bridging the skills gap in the labor market in Africa by providing transformative technology-based learning. Their curriculum is industry specific and blends technical education with life skills development and work experience. Interested applicants can apply here.
Eligibility criteria and application process
- The student is accepted into the Moringa School.
- Student expresses interest in financial aid – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Admissions Department shares the financial aid application form with the student.
- The student completes and submits the application form within 5 working days of receiving the form.
- Upon submission of the form, Student Financing reviews the form and contacts the student within 3 days of submission.
- An interview with the applicant is scheduled (approximately 30 minutes).
- The Student Finance Board reviews the student’s application, and this takes at least 7 working days.
- Once the decision is made, Student Finance contacts the student via email to let them know whether or not they have received assistance.
- In the event that the student obtains assistance, the student will receive an email notification of the financial aid award notification with an attached form. The parent/guardian and the student must sign the form and send it to Student Financing to officially receive assistance from Moringa School.
Since 2015, Moringa School has helped more than 3,000 young people start their careers in technology. The school uses a blended approach to train students. This blended learning model allows students to take charge of their own progress by mastering the curriculum in their own unique way at their own pace. Students receive a more comprehensive education that combines auditory, visual and kinesthetic learning methods.