published November 19, 2021 | 2:31 pm
The online accredited program focuses on career development
If you have been dreaming of getting a high school diploma, this might be the mark you have been looking for. Tampa Hillsborough County Public Library is looking for candidates for the coveted Career Online High School. Hillsborough residents can earn a high school diploma in as little as 18 months with this accredited online education program focused on career development.
The program offers nine career paths in high-demand and high-growth fields, including general areas, food and hospitality, home care professionals, office management, childcare and education, retail customer service, commercial leadership, occupational security, and hospitality and leisure. Students will also receive job preparation support by learning how to put together a competitive resume and cover letter.
The Tampa Hillsborough County Public Library has made it very easy to get started. First, candidates must meet the following program requirements:
- Lives in Hillsborough County
- Be able to dedicate 8 hours per week to complete online courses
- Computer access (Students can use computers at any library location.)
Candidates who meet the program requirements can follow these steps to get started:
- Complete an online self-assessment to determine if this program meets your educational and professional needs.
- If you qualify based on the assessment, you will be sent a link to use your library card to register and complete a basic course in two weeks or less.
- A library staff member will contact you to schedule an interview and discuss your application to the program.
The scholarship application window closes in May 2022 or once all scholarships have been awarded. Learn about the programme.